04 August 2013

Swords and Wizardry Complete is beautiful


I finally got the 'Otus cover' version of Swords and Wizardry Complete a couple of months ago, along with Grimmsgate (which has the same cover illustration).  And I have to say that, in terms of its art (both internal and external), this version of S&W has to be the most attractive rulebook the 'OSR' has yet to produce.

The cover art for Crypts and Things also is superb, of course.  What I like about the covers for both Swords and Wizardry Complete and Crypts and Things is how well they capture the spirit of their respective games!

3 comments:

  1. I didn't know S&W was a fantasy cyber Tron game.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Otus's work is definitely like Marmite. One either loves it or loathes it. (Obviously I love it!)

      Delete

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm a Canadian political philosopher who lives primarily in Toronto but teaches in Milwaukee (sometimes in person, sometimes online).