03 February 2015

By Crom! Crypts and Things Remastered is Coming


The announcement from D101 Games is here.

The new cover looks gorgeous.  No information yet on what specific changes there will be to the system, though Newt has commented that there will be some "streamlining" of the rules.  

Although I haven't played Crypts and Things recently -- I've been focused more on d100 games like RuneQuest, Call of Cthulhu, and OpenQuest over the past few years -- Crypts & Things remains my absolute favourite 'quasi-clone' (old school D&D-ish) game.  This should not be surprising, given that it's based upon my favourite 'retro-clone' game (Swords & Wizardry) and incorporates some of my 'swords & sorcery' house rules for S&W.

I'm really looking forward to this.  Perhaps I'll finally run a Kane-inspired campaign!

UPDATE (7-Feb): Newt explains some of the reasons for the new version of C&T here.

1 comment:

  1. Love the new art work. I am definitely on board for the Kickstarter.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm a Canadian political philosopher who lives primarily in Toronto but teaches in Milwaukee (sometimes in person, sometimes online).