29 March 2020

Salutations from Limbo

This was the scene from my family's cottage on the shore of Lake Huron (near Goderich, Ontario) this morning:


My spouse and I are in quarantine here. The coast is largely devoid of people right now. Only the soft lapping of the waves and the occasional cries of birds break the eerie silence.

It's beautiful and sad at the same time. I feel like we stumbled through a portal into a forgotten region of Limbo.

Hope all of you are doing well during this difficult time.

3 comments:

  1. That looks reallllly cold. Beautiful, of course, but cold. Hang in there, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are well, and glad to hear you're doing well. Yes, it does feel like "Limbo" and even more oddly, we're starting to adapt to the isolation. I have very mixed feelings about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your comments, gents. Take care.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm a Canadian political philosopher who lives primarily in Toronto but teaches in Milwaukee (sometimes in person, sometimes online).