11 September 2020

Grognardia resurrected

Some readers might recall the blog Grognardia, which played an influential role in the rise of the "Old School Renaissance" over a decade ago, along with publications like Fight On! and Knockspell, as well as "retro-clones" such as OSRIC and Swords & Wizardry. (Out-of-publication editions of D&D and AD&D, of course, were discussed even before the "OSR" became a thing at sites like Dragonsfoot.) 

In 2012 new posts abruptly ceased appearing at Grognardia. After eight years, though, the blog is back, and in a big way (with, among other things, a two-part interview with Jeff Grubb). 

I don't always agree with the views expressed by James Maliszewski but his posts often are interesting to read. I'm glad Grognardia is back. 


5 comments:

  1. I was happy to see it back myself. Telecanter's Receding Rules also started updating again recently, and is as inspirational as always: https://recedingrules.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm another who is happy to see Mr. Maliszewski posting again. I don't feel a need to agree with everything a blogger says in order to get value out of their blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He should re-open comments, that was half the fun on Grognardia.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope he sticks around and this not just 'just feel like doing it now' type of thing.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm a Canadian political philosopher who lives primarily in Toronto but teaches in Milwaukee (sometimes in person, sometimes online).