19 January 2024

1.5 Million

 

I’m not sure exactly when this milestone was reached, but in recent days this blog passed 1.5 million page visits since I started it in June 2009. I have no idea how “good” that is for a blog of this age, but I don’t think it’s “bad”! 

The overall focus of the blog has been pretty consistent: fantasy (and other) role-playing games, fantasy (and science fiction) literature and related media (films, television series, art, etc.), and occasionally other related topics (e.g., “industry” events, like the attempt to revoke the OGL by Wizards of the Coast last year). Granted, the specific topics have changed somewhat over the years –- e.g., I don’t play certain games, like The Call of Cthulhu or Swords & Wizardry (or the S&W variant to which I contributed, Crypts and Things), quite as often as I used to, although I remain very fond of them and continue to support them. But I don’t think I’ve deviated far from the main interests that motivated me to start this (rather self-indulgent) blog almost fifteen years ago.

Anyway, thanks to those of you who visit this place from time to time, and even occasionally comment. It’s always nice to know that there are others in this world who have overlapping interests and passions. 



3 comments:

  1. Congrats. Good six times what my most-read (and rarely updated) blog has reached, if that means anything.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm a Canadian political philosopher who lives primarily in Toronto but teaches in Milwaukee (sometimes in person, sometimes online).