03 February 2010

OD&Dities is Returning!

Long before the 'retro-clones' emerged and the 'Old School Renaissance' existed there was a cool little fanzine for an out-of-print RPG. The RPG in question was 'Classic' (i.e., 'Basic' or 'BECMI' or 'Rules Cyclopedia') D&D, and the fanzine was 'OD&Dities' (the term 'OD&D' was, and still is, often used to refer to 'Classic/Basic' D&D, rather than the 1974 '0e' version of the game -- confusing, I know, but not a big deal, given the overwhelming similarity between the two systems).

Now, after 7 years, 'Methuslah' (a.k.a. Richard Tongue), the force behind OD&Dities, is starting the fanzine up again, and will be producing it on a monthly basis! The full scoop can be found at Methuslah's new blog 'OD&Dities.' If you would like to catch up on the first 12 issues of OD&Dities, they are available for free at dragonsfoot here (just scroll down). I highly recommend them.

This is excellent news for all fans of Ye Olde Game!

6 comments:

  1. Yes, this is a great little zine. A lot of good information. I'm looking forward to seeing the new issues.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I loved OD&Dities back when (and I even got to play for a short time in Mr Tongue's Pelinore chatroom campaign before the time difference made it too hard). Methuslah and the folks at Dragonsfoot were early standard bearers of the OSR before it realy took shape, so this is great news.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic! I've downloaded all of these and loved reading them. Thanks for posting about this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woot! That's terrific news!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I discovered OD&Dities back in 2004 while working as a phone operator at my university... great stuff and I'm glad to hear it is coming back!

    ReplyDelete
  6. AWESOME! I can't thank you enough for it!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm a Canadian political philosopher who lives primarily in Toronto but teaches in Milwaukee (sometimes in person, sometimes online).