03 August 2011
The One Ring Rules Preview
Despite being a huge Tolkien fan for 30 years now, I haven’t been following the development of the Cublicle 7’s The One Ring RPG too closely. However, I recently noticed that a summary of the main rules of the game (except combat) has been posted here.
I must confess that I’m somewhat intrigued! I’m still not sure whether it’ll be my cup of tea, but I think that I’ll definitely check it out.
My main concern remains that it seems overly focused on a particular era and region of Middle-earth. It’s definitely a different approach to a Middle-earth RPG than my beloved (but long out-of-print) MERP.
Irrespective of the quality of TOR’s rules, though, art by John Howe and Jon Hodgson ensures that this will be one very attractive product!
- ► 2018 (32)
- ► 2017 (39)
- ► 2016 (40)
- ► 2015 (48)
- ► 2014 (52)
- ► 2013 (41)
- ► 2012 (59)
- End of Summer 2011
- Free Swords and Wizardry Downloads
- Conan the Insipid
- The OpenQuest ‘Renaissance’
- Tome of Horrors for Swords and Wizardry
- Conan the Barbarian 3D: not very fresh
- Where in the Young Kingdoms is Nassea-Tiki?
- Real Life Ruins Gaming Yet Again
- The One Ring Rules Preview
- Fantasy Flight acquires Star Wars license
- ▼ August (10)
- ► 2010 (65)